To our Valued Patients, Families and Friends of Pediatric Dental Group of Colorado, with offices in Lafayette, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Evergreen and Summit County:
We are very pleased to announce that in response to Colorado's movement to "Safer at Home" orders, we will be re-opening our practice to the public on Monday, May 11, 2020.
We have implemented new protocols designed to help you and your family with your oral health while keeping our patients, our team members and our dentists safe in the process.
These guidelines have been designed with abundant caution, under the guidance of the CDC and the American Academies of Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics & other Professional Organizations.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- A Patient Greeter will be waiting to meet you outside the office and check you in for your child’s dental appointment.
- Pediatric patients or other patients unable to represent their own interests should only be accompanied by ONLY ONE parent/guardian/chaperone.
- Non-Pediatric patients may very well plan on attending their appointment alone. This is encouraged and has always been an accepted protocol in our offices.
For the patient and parent/guardian/chaperone, please expect the following:
- Temperatures will be taken.
- Health and COVID19 survey questionnaires completed.
- Face masks should be brought to the appointment and should be worn at all times while in the office. Patients under the age of 2 years old are not advised to wear a mask.
- Patients may wear a mask per their parent’s discretion. If the patient is wearing a mask the dental team will advise when to remove and to put back on based on the timing of care.
- You should plan to bring your own mask as we only have a limited number of masks due to a national shortage.
You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if:
- Temperatures that register at or above 100.4 after two consecutive readings.
- COVID19 survey questionnaires reveal concerns for your health and/or our practice's safety.
- If the attending Pediatric Dentist determines there are any aspects of the patient visit that need to be resolved prior to treatment.
- Thank you in advance for your patience and your understanding – we love y’all
- There are specific directional flows of how patients are moved through the office. You are already accustomed to this. Your child probably has this process memorized and it will be like getting back on a bike for them.
- Your child will be accompanied by a member of our staff during the entire duration of their appointment.
- You will be encouraged to wait in the waiting room or outside of the office depending on to which location you typically bring your child/children. After weeks of on-line school you probably have earned a break !!!
- Children cope very well without us parents. Mine prefer that I am not around There are always exceptions and we are always extremely accommodating.
- Exam rooms, equipment, all surfaces will be sanitized / cleaned in between patients & often throughout the day. This has always been our protocol but it’s appropriate to remind everyone at this time.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required for all non-direct patient care activities and movement through the offices. This is required for all patients, their chaperones, staff and dentists.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing is encouraged and will be accommodated. Hand sanitizer is available for patient use.
Are we available to help? ABSOLUTELY!
- The practice's phone lines will open during regular business hours (M-F 900am to 500pm – generally taking one hour for lunch). We will quickly return to normal phone support staffing and continue to do everything we can to help as many families as possible.
- If your call is placed on hold, thank you for waiting, we are trying to be efficient.
- The practice's patients are covered for Emergencies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. And this has been the case during the approximate 6 week Stay In Place. Hopefully we addressed your needs. If we DID NOT we are VERY SORRY. Let’s try again!!!
WE ARE THANKFUL FOR YOU!
Thank you for placing your trust in our practice for your children’s oral health. We especially thank you for your cooperation and understanding of the importance of following these protocols in order maintain the health and safety of everyone.
We know this is a very trying time. We want to remind you that we are committed to your children and their Oral Health. Should any of you need anything from us please do not hesitate to ask. This also means that if you are holding off on seeking dental care for your child due to any financial constraint please DO NOT allow finances to prevent your child from receiving the care they may need. We are willing to work with you on any financial scenario regarding the cost of our quality dental care.
Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you in the coming days, weeks, and months.
ALL of us at Pediatric Dental Group of Colorado